kmssink + gtk video window

George Kiagiadakis gkiagia at tolabaki.gr
Wed Jul 11 09:43:17 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-07-10 at 22:09 -0700, nagendra sarma wrote:
> thanks Matt
>
> As i am new to gtk+ my question is little confusing.. sorry for that
>
> i want to put my requirement more clear
>
> i am creating media player using gtk+ and gstreamer (playbin)
>
> gtk window opens with all controls in it.  on pressing play button i am
> creating playbin  using kmssink as video sink, the video is playing well but
> my gtk window is not visible , even mouse also not visible
> my requirent is to keep my gtk+ window on top always with gstreamer running
> in background
>
> please suggest how to achieve this ?

KMS is not meant to be used this way. KMS is a **low level** graphics access API
and only one process should be using KMS at a time. If you need to display
graphics from gstreamer and from another UI, implement a mouse cursor, input
event handling, etc... then you need a graphics compositor, like weston.

George