Specify device to gstreamer VAAPI

Víctor Jáquez vjaquez at igalia.com
Fri Jul 13 15:50:54 UTC 2018

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 at 06:22, RiccardoCagnasso wrote:
> >If I recalled correctly, somebody did a symbolic link, or something alike,
> >make device enumerator, in gstremaer-vaapi, to find first their desired
> device.
>
> Google is not helping me here. It seems to me that gstreamer-vaapi opens the
> device associated to the current display, I'm not sure how can I trick that
> with a symlink

Yes. If you want to use DRM display, you should either use
`vaapisink display=drm`, so the drm-backed vaapi display is shared among the
pipeline. In this case, the symlink may help out.

Another approach would be programmatic, where you application instantiates the
vaapi display, and offers it as context when the pipeline requires it. Right now
there's code for Wayand and X11 cases, it would need to add support for DRM.
(gstvaapivideocontext.c)

vmjl