Frame Drops on Android

mmutlu07 mmutlu0607 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 06:49:16 UTC 2018

    Hello everyone,

    I have lots of frame drops (for every 5-7 seconds) when i video stream
from android camera to PC  over internal Wi-Fi network(devices close to each
other) on Gstreamer. I tried RTP over UDP, TCP and RTSP pipelines with many
encoders (like jpegenc,amcvidenc etc.) on low and high resolutions. But
results are the same. I want to reach minimum delay like (100-150 ms) with
no frame drops. I tried same pipelines and same conditions on pc to android
they works perfectly with no frame drops. How can i prevent these frame
drops on android streaming withouth buffering ?

   With your permission, I want to ask you another question. I realised when
i push video buffer to opengl surface or directx surface, drawing delays are
60-80 ms. I couldn’t understand why this is happening ?

  Thanks in advance.