How to encode a partial video by using "encodebin"?

Victor vgdoqd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 14:44:28 UTC 2018

Thanks, ShilVin.
> On which element did you try gst_element_seek_simple.
The entire pipeline. I didn't even know that it's allowed to seek in
individual elements inside a pipeline.
> seek may not work on all the element. Most of the time seek is handled by
> demuxer.
Below is the pipeline description:

filesrc name=SRC         \
! decodebin name=DECODER \
DECODER.                 \
! video/x-raw            \
! timeoverlay            \
! ENCODER.video_0        \
DECODER.                 \
! audio/x-raw            \
! ENCODER.audio_0        \
encodebin name=ENCODER
profile=video/x-matroska:video/x-theora:audio/x-vorbis \
! filesink name=DST

I just tried calling gst_eleemnt_seek_simple on the encoder, but it
still doesn't work.
Below is the link to the image converted from the .dot file that was
created when the pipeline is in playing state.
https://imgur.com/TVCdcSK

Regards,
Victor