Freescale iMX6: Unable to play recorded videos inspite of using option "-ev"

vk_gst venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 11:24:00 UTC 2018

I am trying to run the following command on Freescale iMX6 to record the
testvideosrc in a file.

gst-launch-1.0 -e videotestsrc !
video/x-raw,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1 ! imxvpuenc_h264 !
h264parse !  avdec_h264 ! filesink location=cx1.mp4

However, when I try to read the file, VLC media player, says the following:
Unidentified codec:
VLC could not identify the audio or video codec

My final goal is to convert the script into a python-gstreamer application
which I have already done. The code is as attached in the file.
imx_test1.imx_test1
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/t378365/imx_test1.imx_test1>
I use the following command to execute the script:
$ GST_DEBUG=2 ./imx_test1 -ev

However, even with this the file is created and I can confirm this by using
the command 'stat' on the file.

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

Regards.