osxaudiosink not working on iOS 12

Tue Jul 31 15:48:48 UTC 2018

Hi

Il 30/07/2018 19:59, jml5qh ha scritto:
> I'm having an issue when using osxaudiosink on iOS 12. It looks like iOS 12
> sets the AudioChannelLayout.mChannelLayoutTag = 6619138.

I think this value mean kAudioChannelLayoutTag_Stereo

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coreaudio/1572101-audio_channel_layout_tags/kaudiochannellayouttag_stereo?language=objc

and the channel layout should be something like the "case 2" in the
actual GStreamer code

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tree/sys/osxaudio/gstosxcoreaudio.c#n365

probably a patch to gstosxcoreaudio is needed, the patch should be not
too hard to write, I'll try to fix this bug myself if the problem still
happen after iOS 12 release

Nicola