Loss of interleaved stereo audio after ~20 Minutes

Wilkins White ww at novadynamics.com
Mon Jun 4 23:11:12 UTC 2018

We have a robot that uses gstreamer to send back audio and video data over
rtp.  Video works great, but we've been having trouble with the stereo
audio.

The audio is clear when we first boot up, but after awhile we start to lose
packets until there's nothing but static coming through.  If we kill the
pipeline and restart everything is clear once more.  The problem is
repeatable in our lab with the bot connected via Ethernet, so it's not a
bandwidth issue.

This is my pipeline

And here is the error once the pipeline starts to fail.

I went through and trimmed elements out of the pipeline until everything
worked.  It seems like the culprit is the audiointerleave element.  Since
only pulsesrc0 is dropping samples I assume that means pulsesrc1 is not
producing audio fast enough, so the audiointerleave element is forced to
wait for it.

Does anyone have advice on how I could improve my pipeline?  Perhaps make
the audiointerleave element not block if it can't find a sample from one of
the inputs? We want the operator to be able to hear what's going on around
the robot, which means sync'd stereo audio, but one ear cutting out every so
often wouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks!