How to get WebRTC plugins compiled on 1.14.1

Jiang Pin pin.jiang at outlook.com
Sat Jun 9 03:05:36 UTC 2018

Hi,

      I tried to install gstreamer 1.14.1 with webrtc plugin enabled. I
successfully compile gstreamer, gst-plugins-base, gst-plugins-good of
1.14.1.  When doing configure with gst-plugins-bad, the webrtc module
indicate it missed dependencies:

configure: *** checking feature: WebRTC Audio Processing ***
configure: *** for plug-ins: webrtcdsp ***
checking for WEBRTCDSP... no
configure: No package 'webrtc-audio-processing' found
No package 'webrtc-audio-processing' found
checking vector usability... yes
checking vector presence... yes
checking for vector... yes
configure: *** These plugins will not be built: webrtcdsp

configure: *** checking feature: WebRTC ***
configure: *** for plug-ins: webrtc ***
checking for NICE... no
configure: *** These plugins will not be built: webrtc

      I have installed libnice-dev and with apt.

      I can't find the source for gstreamer1.0-nice for 1.14.1. So I tried
to download source from https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/gstreamer1.0-nice
and do compilation and install.

      After running gst-inspect, I can find nice-source and nice sink from
gst-inspect.

      But I tried to do ./configured in gst-plugins-bad again, it still
indicate above missing info to buid webrtc.

      So how to find the dependency for webrtc plugins in gstreamer 1.14.1

Best Regards, Jiang Pin