Can't located plugin on Ubuntu 18.04

jimfcarroll jimfcarroll at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 20:34:06 UTC 2018

Okay,

It appears that if I just change the name of the library to
libgstbreakout.so from libgstbreakout-1.0.so the gst-inspect-1.0 and
gst-launch-1.0 can pick it up. However, under gstreamer-1.0 version 1.8 (vs
1.14) it worked the way it's currently named (with the "-1.0.so").

Because it's a pain to get java to pick up plugin libs that aren't named
with a "-1.0.so", does someone understand what's happening here? Is this a
bug in 1.14, or is it (more likely) something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
Jim