Putting NTP/PTP timestamps on RTP as metadata

Toon Heyrman toonheyrman at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 13:28:00 UTC 2018

I managed to add a NTP timestamp to the RTP packets. It was by using the
rtponviftimestamp element of gst-plugins-bad.

Simple pipeline example that worked for me:
GST_DEBUG="*onvif*:2" gst/1.14/gst-rtsp-server/examples/test-netclock "(
videotestsrc is-live=true ! x264enc ! rtph264pay pt=96 ! rtponviftimestamp
ntp-offset=-1 name=pay0 )"

This pipeline gives me the RTP header extension 0xabac and 32bit seconds and
32 bit second fraction (value / 2^32).

But I still see a warning:
GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_get_is_valid_property: object class
'GstRtpOnvifTimestamp' has no property named 'pt'

giving the payloader the name 'pay0' instead of the rtponviftimestamp isn't
working.
Can anyone help me with this warning?