AW: How to get HW decoder singleton(playbin2 or playbin3)?

Maurer, Marie marie.maurer at zeiss.com
Thu Jun 14 14:30:27 UTC 2018

Hi Juergen,

I think the following page is helpful:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/design/states.html

There it is mentioned:

NULL -> READY:

- The element must check if the resources it needs are available. Device sinks and sources typically try to probe the device to constrain their caps.

- The element opens the device, this is needed if the previous step requires the device to be opened.

and

READY -> NULL:

- Elements close devices

- Elements reset any internal state.