Farstream call: delay on incoming audio

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jun 14 19:46:17 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-06-14 at 13:30 -0400, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> > The longer Pidgin has been running, the longer it takes before I
> > receive incoming audio, after joining a call. There's normally a
> > "bleep" when you join a call. Unless you've *recently* started Pidgin,
> > you don't hear that. It gets to the point where Pidgin eats CPU (in the
> > liveadderX:src and queue:src threads IIRC) for 30-40 seconds before you
> > ever hear anything. Meanwhile, [outbound] audio is working fine.
>
> Can you try and set property "start-time-selection" on liveadder /
> audiomixer to (1): first. I think the liveadder shm is not setup
> properly and will cause regressions like this.

Thanks.

That seems to be making a difference although it's still not entirely
clear that the delay on startup when I'm running with all this
debugging, is the same as the delay on startup with no debugging and if
I leave it for a day.

I'll start it without the debugging and then see if it's still actually
working tomorrow :)