Processing RTCP Receiver reports on a GstRTSPServer

arnav dhamija arnav.dhamija at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 06:15:40 UTC 2018

Hi!

I am developing a GStreamer live-streaming application which adaptively
changes the resolution and bitrate of an H.264 encoded video feed from
the server according to bandwidth estimates and QoS reports from the
receiver. I've made a working example of it using rtpbin and udpsink
with callbacks to extract the loss rate and jitter from the incoming
RTCP packets. This was done by invoking a callback on buffers received
from an identity element from a udpsrc receiving the RTCP receiver
report packets. This was also used for getting the bandwidth estimates I
needed.

I now plan to use a similar approach for creating an RTSP server serving
adaptive video streams.

How can I extract these RTCP receiver report packets for each
GstRTSPClient created by the GstRTSPServer? Is there a signal to which I
can attach a callback for this?

--
Arnav Dhamija