AW: AW: AW: Serial port interface on frame grabber

vk_gst venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 11:18:06 UTC 2018

Hi James,

Thanks for the update.

I have a 433MHz wireless Tx/Rx that connects over serial port. The idea was
to try and use these wireless devices to stream video data on the PC from
imx6. This is the device  here
<https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/100mw-ardupilot-unmanned-telemetry-kit-v2-433mhz/>
So this works on 3.3V TTL.

With your previous test of sending and receiving the 1MB file, I performed
it and found that only around 666KB were received at the receiver side. The
binary comparison of the files revealed a number of random bytes being
missed at the receiving side.

I performed the same test, with the usb-serial-serial-usb wired device (a
small approx. 50cm cable we built long back) with 115200 baud and the file
was received correctly at the receiver. The 'shasum' also matched in this
case for the files.

So, the H264 decoder at the PC side is just not receiving enough bytes to
stream a video out of it. I do not know if using PPP here would be useful. I
can try to use RTP over UDP over serial and then transmitting it wirelessly
and see if it improves anything. But I am not sure. May be you can shed some
light on this?