How to send images with GStreamer

katariina katariina.tuovinen at wapice.com
Fri Jun 29 11:03:08 UTC 2018

Hi! I have an image (.jpg) which I would like to send in my computer from one
directory/folder to another. Is this possible?
I have found this older thread regarding a similar issue
(http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/How-to-send-an-image-to-a-remote-machine-on-the-same-network-td4683697.html),
but haven't manage to solve the problem. So far I have used udp.

The sender command is:
gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc -v filesrc location=/home/nvidia/dog.jpg ! udpsink
host=127.0.0.1 port=5000 sync=false
Which outputs to:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
Execution ended after 0:00:00.001798767
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

The reciever command is:
gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5000 ! filesink location=
"/home/Projects/test.jpg"
Where I get the following output:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSink:filesink0: Could not
open file "/home/Projects/testi.jpg" for writing.
Additional debug info:
gstfilesink.c(438): gst_file_sink_open_file ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSink:filesink0:
system error: No such file or directory
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

Would anyone happen to have any good advice or ready-to-use sender and
receiver pipelines?
Thanks beforehand,
Katariina