GES 1.12 -- Multiple encodings to multiple files

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Fri Jun 29 23:24:08 UTC 2018

To partially answer my own question:  I think I need to use a *GstPipeline*
rather than a *GESPipeline* (so I can have full control over the
GstElements which do the encoding and writing to files).

On another email thread, it was suggested that GESTimeline and GstPipeline
are not 100% compatible with each other:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2018-March/067349.html

>     The GES timeline can indeed be used in a regular gstreamer pipeline,
but there
>     are some undocumented quirks, amongst them the "query-position"
signal emitted
>     by the NLEComposition wrapped by the GESTrack object, this is why
using GESPipeline
>     is the recommended approach.

If I use GESTimeline with GstPipeline, what kinds of trouble can I expect?