Minor Rusty blockage

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Mar 2 12:33:08 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-03-01 at 22:48 +0100, Mathieu Duponchelle wrote:
> That is surprising, this exact snippet of code should work, is it
> possible that you don't
>
> actually use the latest version of gstreamer-rs? This function was
> added
> in July 2017, so
>
> quite some time ago, but worth making sure.

I tend to use "*" as the version number and update frequently so I
should always be on the latest version. Cargo.lock currently reports
gstreamer at version 0.10.2, which seems about as up-to-date as it is
possible to get using crates.io. I guess I could use the Git repository
to be really up to date. :-)

> It would also make sense to share the entire source code if that is
> possible, to
>
> make it easier to reproduce and spot the problem :)

The source code is at  https://github.com/Me-TV/Me-TV_Rust

Comment out the bus.add_watch call completely everything build fine.
Comment out just the

gst::MessageView::Error(err) => {
…
},

and the errors are all about thread safety, which is a bit irritating,
but somewhat comprehensible. Uncomment the above and back to the
original incomprehensible fail. :-(

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200