Minor Rusty blockage

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Mar 2 19:24:57 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-03-02 at 20:53 +0200, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-03-02 at 17:34 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> >
> > Now on to dealing with the various source events of the playbin to
> > get the gtksink overlaid and not creating a new window – assuming
> > the
> > strategy in C++ is still the right strategy of course :-)
>
> If you use gtk(gl)sink, you don't need to do anything other than what
> the code I linked is doing. No events, no nothing, just setting some
> properties. It also will never open its own window.

Indeed, I think I misled with the words I wrote, compared the the
thoughts in my head. Sorry. Setting the playbin video-sink should
suffice, and then force-aspect-ratio, however…

… in order to change the MRL being played (aka change channel of the
DVB-T2) I have to connect to source-setup and thence to tuning-start,
tuning-fail, and tuning-done.

> If you want to go the other way like you probably did in C++ with
> using
> the GstVideoOverlay interface, see
>   https://github.com/sdroege/gstreamer-rs/blob/0.10/examples/src/bin/
> gtkvideooverlay.rs

I ran away from all that X11 stuff, I am assuming Wayland and use of
the widgets as above.

> > Thanks for the commentary, it makes the code meaningful – I wasn't
> > really comprehensing some of the code till your comments.
>
> Feel free to send patches / PRs for the examples (to add comments) or
> improve the documentation :)

Wilco. But first getting something playing again…

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200