GStreamer and Rhythmbox on Debian Sid

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Mar 5 15:00:12 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-03-05 at 07:59 -0500, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:

[…]
> True, it has been moved to -good. The patent around mp3 have expired
> so
> there was no reason to keep it in ugly. Mixing versions is not
> recommended,
> specially plugins built against a newer core.

I shall probably still stick to ripping to Ogg – I'm a CD buyer so
don't need to rip to FLAC. But it is important to have MP3, and now the
patent has expired everything is much happier.

Subsidiary question: DVB stuff is in -bad, not -good, is there a metric
for moving or is it just there because it's there?

[…]
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200