How to Initialize and mantain alive a library before an user connects to rtsp-server feed

Israel Díaz isra601988 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:35:16 UTC 2018

I have a working pipeline that is a combination of custom AVFilters and
standard Gstreamer filters.

One of those custom AVFilters needs an initialization and also mantain
alive in order to communicate with other programs.

I also test with test-launch.c example from the gstreamer rtsp lib and have
a working rtsp feed.

So now my problems and what I have tried

I want that when a script launch the rtsp program (for example
test-launch.c) the library will be initialized and mantain alive even when
no user have connected to the rtsp. Also the custom Filter needs to consume
the frames by his own and make process.

I tried to initialize on the init method of the Filter but init method is
called every time a user connect to the feed.

I also try with class_init, The library initialize even a user does not
connect to the rtsp feed but then the threads that launch it closes, so the
library communications is also closed.

How can I achieve this??