Fwd: Doubt Regarding h264parse

Anju Sebastian anjusebastian08 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 10:51:27 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have one h264 decoder and display elements.
I used a pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 -vv filesrc location=test ! tsdemux ! queue ! h264parse !
my_decoder ! my_display

h264parse sends h264 data in byte stream format with nalu alignment.
When I get caps_event in my decoder from h264parse, I call
gst_video_info_from_caps and I get width and height as 0 which is not
accepetable by my plugins. so pipeline creation fails.

Why I am getting width and height as 0 from h264parse src caps?
Is there anything wrong in it?
What should I do here?
If I apply caps filter and specify alignment as au or stream format as avc,
issue disppears

Thanks and Regards
Anju Sebastian.