Warning: got 'segment' before 'caps'

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Mar 14 13:17:14 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-03-13 at 16:26 +0100, Tim Janik wrote:

Hi Tim,

> In a video display application (on ARM, IMX6 chipset),
> i'm seeing the following warnings when the video stream starts:
>
> GStreamer-WARNING **: ../../gstreamer-
> 1.8.1/gst/gstpad.c:5052:store_sticky_event:<rtpjpegdepay0:src> Sticky
> event misordering, got 'segment' before 'caps'
>  (..)
> The pipeline in use is fairly straight forward:
>
> udpsrc port=50006 caps=application/x-rtp ! rtpjpegdepay ! jpegparse !
> imxvpudec ! identity name=bufferpoint ! imxg2dvideosink name=vsink
> sync=0 force-aspect-ratio=false
>
> I'd appreciate any hints towards:
>
> a) possible causes for these warnings,
>
> b) suggestions how to avoid them.

These warnings indicate a bug in one of the elements, usually the first
element that triggers the warning. They are usually harmless, at least
for most simple use cases.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this warning before (for jpeg depayloader)
and I think it's been fixed in later versions, but I can't find any
commit that looks like it should fix it right no, so maybe it's not
been fixed, or maybe it's been fixed as a side-effect of some other
commit.

Any chance you could try with 1.13.91 ?

Regards
 -Tim