appsrc with high bitrate - latency

Eloi Bail eloi.bail at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 11:58:22 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am using appsrc to receive 4 RTP streams with high bitrate (1.52 gbps
each).
Each stream is demuxed, converted (pixel format), down-scaled, mixed and
displayed

At the moment, most of the operation is done on CPU except the videosink
with glimagesink.
I plan to use as well glvideomixer.

With 4 streams, I have to set sync=false. My streams are displayed
correctly but are not synced together. Otherwise, packets are dropped in
videosink because they are too late.

My packets are timestamped with appsrc (do-timestamp = true) and
continuously pushed.
Each queue is read as fast as it can with around 3000 packets per queue
(around 3 frames).

I tried to compensate the latency setting the min-latency to 100 ms (3
frames of 33 ms).

Is it the right method ?
Do you know a way to measure the added latency in each element of the
pipeline, so that I could put an accurate latency value.

Thanks,