problems about linking gst-rtsp-server dynamiclly

yuanjunjie at kedacom.com yuanjunjie at kedacom.com
Wed Mar 21 09:09:16 UTC 2018

Hi,
I got a problem when using gst-rtsp-server. The goal of my application is
to dynamiclly add/remove elements/pipelines after tee. The pipeline can be
simplified like this:

rtpsrc->rphh264depay->h264parse->tee ->...
                                           ->...

The method to add and remove element is according to the code on github.(
https://github.com/sdroege/gst-snippets/blob/master/dynamic-tee-vsink.c)

When I link fakesink, filesink and autovideosink dynamiclly with tee, they
work fine together all.
But when linking gst-rtsp-server, something went wrong.

the pipeline is like this:

rtpsrc->rphh264depay->h264parse->tee->queue->inter_sink/inter_src->queue->rtph264pay->...
[               my pipeline                ]                      [
gst-rtsp-server pipeline...   ]

If there's no stream playing in my pipeline, it's ok when I view with vlc.
However, if I firstly link [queue->avdec_h264->autovideosink] to the tee
and the autovideosink shows the media well. Then I dynamiclly link the
rtsp-server with tee like the pipeline shown above and view it with vlc.
The stream data is blocked and I have to wait about 10-30s when I see the
stream in vlc. And then, the latency of stream shown in vlc may be 10s or
more, and the media in autovideosink is stopped. After I
closed vlc, the autovideosink plays normally again.

I don't know where the problem is. Do you have any idea with it?
I use gstreamer 1.13.91.

Thnaks.

Junjie Yuan
Shanghai, China.