Headless mode for GL plugin

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 11:50:13 UTC 2018

Accessing the GPU without a windowing system is something that is very
specific to every driver/hardware combination.  We support (with 1.14)
one method using kms and a libgbm compatible driver which are used by
all of the Mesa drivers.  Some other embedded systems (rpi, imx6) have
other ways. That nvidia blog post you've linked contains references to
EGL_EXT_device_query
<https://www.khronos.org/registry/EGL/extensions/EXT/EGL_EXT_device_query.txt>
which I guess is nvidia's way of performing a similar thing and such a
method could be added to the GStreamer GL library and plugins.

Cheers
-Matt