Using do_transform_frame in GstVideo.VideoFilter (python)

dpw157 dinethw04 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:07:00 UTC 2018

Hey all,
I have a question about using the do_transform_frame function when creating
your own elements.

1. Why is my buffer none within the GstVideo.VideoFrame object. For instance
when i try
print inframe.buffer
(which from my understanding should return a object of type Gst.Buffer)
instead returns None.

2. Why is the video a black screen when i dont change anything within
do_transform_frame. Do i have to push the outbuffer within the function. If
so how do i do this, since the return for do_transform_frame is a
Gst.FlowReturn, which are usually just True or False.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and helping me out