Windows Installer Package NVDEC/MSDK

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Mar 28 08:17:00 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-03-28 at 07:40 +0000, McNamara, Steve wrote:

> I’ve seen the announcement of GStreamer 1.14 including code to
> support hardware accelerated video decode using NVIDIA and Intel
> SDKs.
>
> I was hoping to make use of these on Windows but have found that the
> Windows download packages don’t appear to include this functionality.
> Which leads me to my questions:
>
> -          Is there a release plan for these plugins to be available
> on Windows?

At least in the past these SDKs disallowed redistribution, that's why
the plugins are not included and that's something for NVIDIA and Intel
to fix.

> -          Is there a mailing list or discussion forum for management
> of the Windows installers?

You just found it :) For feature requests and bug reports there is also
Bugzilla: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

> I have built previous versions of GStreamer on Windows but this was a
> while ago – back in GStreamer 0.10 era. My hope is to avoid this if
> possible and stick with the excellent pre-built installers provided
> by you guys. If there is a way though for me to get involved in
> actively helping in this area please let me know.

You can build both plugins individually based on the binaries provided
by the installers.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com