gst-rtsp-server add RTP header extension

Andrey Panteleev andrey.panteleev at ru.axxonsoft.com
Thu Mar 29 07:57:42 UTC 2018

Greetings everybody,

We use gst-rtsp-server to stream media content and want to use RTP Header Extensions (RFC5285) to add additional information to the stream.

However, we can't find way to do that. We thought that through RTSPMediaFactory configuration we can add some options to internal rtpbin. But that is not the case, because rtpbin doesn't have any option like that.

There is a low-level way to add extension (with GstRTPBuffer), though wedon't see where we can use it. Media pipeline is too soon, but after we pass it to MediaFactory we have no control.

The question is how to set extension header for each buffer comes out of the constructed pipeline.

Best regards,

Andrey P.