select vaapi drm renderer

Víctor Jáquez vjaquez at igalia.com
Wed May 2 11:23:08 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Tue, 01 May 2018 at 13:05, xrataj00 wrote:
> Yes, you are right. In the mean time I made a hack and set a render node
> using
> gst_vaapi_plugin_base_set_display_name:
>
> https://github.com/GStreamer/gstreamer-vaapi/blob/59579a9cb3053e27c4d6495e3c01fd521fccbd14/gst/vaapi/gstvaapipluginbase.c#L371
>
> It would be nice to have a property for that (similar to "display-name" in
> vaapisink) for each vaapi plugin. What you guys think about that?

You should file a bug in bugzilla to discuss that specific topic.

There are a couple tricky details, for example, should that property apply to
all the vaapi elements or only vaapisink? because everyone can instantiates a
VA display by itself.

I would rather rely on other system's utilities as Vavooon suggested. But we can
discuss that in the bug.

Thanks

vmjl