MPEG TS PCR and PTS

Adams, Bruce (KMLWG) Bruce.Adams at KantarMedia.com
Fri May 4 07:13:14 UTC 2018

Hi,
     I am trying to work out how to get absolute time-stamps from an incoming MPEG transport stream.
The basics seem to be that we get a presentation time-stamp via buffer->get_pts(). This is relative to the program clock reference PCR which is dictated by one of the elementary streams - typically the video. How do I get that base time out of gstreamer?
I note that if I use a tsparse element it can decode TOT and TDT sections for DVB inputs. However, I also notice that one of my inputs is a TSIP input which does not include these sections.
How can I tell if an  absolute time reference is available and when it is what is the epoch? Is it the standard unix epoch 1970-01-01T00:00:00Z?

Regards,

Bruce.

Kantar Disclaimer<http://www.kantar.com/disclaimer.html>