WRONG_HIERARCHY when both elements are in the same Pipeline

jimfcarroll jimfcarroll at gmail.com
Sat May 5 03:38:00 UTC 2018

When I try to link pads I'm getting WRONG_HIERARCHY even though if I traverse
up the parents for both pads, I get to the same Pipeline. Are there
conditions under which this can happen?

My Pipeline has

While the pipeline is running I request a request pad from the tee. I
connect it to a filter and the out of the filter becomes the next session on
the rtpbin.

The Q and filter (and decoder, etc) are wrapped in a Bin. At the point I
connect the Bin containing the Q and the filter, that Bin, as well as the
tee are part of the pipeline. I can traverse the parent links to the
pipeline before calling link. Yet, I get a WRONG_HIERARCHY return value
trying to link the tee's request src pad with the Bin's sink pad.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Jim