How to play multiple URIs with uridecodebin without interrupting pipeline?

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Mon May 7 22:21:08 UTC 2018

I'm writing a program which uses uridecodebin to decode music files and mix
them (using audiomixer) with other generated sounds from audiotestsrc etc.
I want to be able to pass an arbitrary number of URIs to the uridecodebin
and have it loop, ie start again with the first URI when it's played the
last one, and switch tracks without interrupting the other sounds in the
pipeline. It doesn't matter whether the transitions are gapless. How can I
do that?