How to get HW decoder singleton(playbin2 or playbin3)?

rland rlandjon at gmail.com
Tue May 8 08:21:05 UTC 2018

Hi,When I ran gstreamer on android, I had a problem,Most devices only provide
1 HW videodecoder + 1 HW audiodecoder resource,In other words, a/v decoder
that is automatically loaded in playbin2/playbin3 must be kept in a single
instance.Such as,when play an MKV file, it has 1 video,4 audio tracks, 4
subtitles, playbin2 seems  to build a chain for each track all the way,and
each chain request a decoder resources, regardless of whether we  really
play it  -(so,i get  media_codec.configure error while request second audio
decoder instance.I have noticed that playbin2 has a
current-audio/current-video/current-text, which attempts to set its
properties immediately after the playbin2 is created. But there was no
miracle,Playbin2 is still trying to create instances for each audio
track.BTW, I'm using  GstPlayer API for building applications.Can anyone
help me on this? Regards, rland