iOS framework that includes GStreamer framework

Wed May 9 12:51:46 UTC 2018

Hi,

I want to distribute an iOS Framework that links and uses GStreamer iOS
Framework,

I created a Cocoa Touch Framework, added my code (a GObject/GStreamer
based library) and I built my framework.

In an objective-c project I add my framework as embedded binary,

the objective-c project does not compile and it gives the error

"Include of non-modular header inside framework module",

this error is caused by the following includes:

#include <glib-object.h>

and

#include <gst/gst.h>

I need them in my .h files since my library is GObject/GStreamer based,
so the common suggestion to move these imports in .c files is not
applicable in my case.

Now in the objective c project in "Build Settings" -> "Target" I set
"Allow Non-modular Includes in Framework Modules" to "Yes" and the
project compiles and works.

In swift projects, after adding my framework as embedded binary, I have
the same error but the above setting has no effect there, so I'm unable
to use my framework in swift projects.

Do you have any suggestions? Is there something GStreamer side that can
be done to improve this use case?

thanks!

Nicola