Disable delay in rtpjitterbuffer for sequential packets

Lauri Ehrenpreis lauri.ehrenpreis at starship.xyz
Thu May 10 05:41:29 UTC 2018

Hi,

Is it possible to configure rtpjitterbuffer so that packets which are not
out of order and have no gaps are passed to decoder immediately when they
arrive? Only if packets are out of order or missing, it will wait up to
latency_ms milliseconds and try to re-transmit.

I only need reordering, re-transmissions and FEC for video streaming and I
don't care about reducing jitter. And I don't want to add any delay if
packets are in sequence already. However currently it seems that
rtpjitterbuffer adds the latency_ms delay in any case, even if I have 0%
packet loss and 0% reorder configured with netem..

--
LauriE