Decoding RTP H264 Stream from Image Processor

Matt mattminga at gmail.com
Fri May 11 14:21:11 UTC 2018

I am having an issue decoding the h264 stream from an image processor used to
generate ethernet streams from a camera sensor.

I am able to decode the stream when it is being transmitted as JPEG. I would
like to attempt h264. I have been able to encode and decode my own H264 test
sources using gstreamer. I have been unable to decode the stream from the
image processor using either VLC or gstreamer.

According to the datasheet of the image processor I can produce h264 streams
using either annex B or rfc6184 headers. The vendor's application does not
appear to work using anything but the annex B headers. Annex B headers are
also the only header version that produces any information using either VLC
or gstreamer. The pipeline I am testing with is as follows:

gst-launch-1.0 -v -m udpsrc
caps=application/x-rtp,media=(string)video,clock-rate=90000,encoding-name=(string)H264
port=5004 timeout=3000000000 buffer-size=1000000 ! rtpjitterbuffer latency=0
! decodebin ! autovideosink

When running this pipeline, I get the following errors:

Is there any chance I am missing something in my pipleline? Thank you.

Regards,
Matt Minga