audiolatency does not work well with encoders/decoders and queues

daniel at poradnik-webmastera.com daniel at poradnik-webmastera.com
Thu May 17 09:03:51 UTC 2018

Hi,
New audiolatency element has some problem if both encoders/decoders and
queue are used.

This works as expected:
gst-launch-1.0 audiolatency name=a print-latency=true ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! opusenc ! opusdec ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! a.

After inserting queue between encoder and decoder it stops printing
results periodically:
st-launch-1.0 audiolatency name=a print-latency=true ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! opusenc ! queue ! opusdec ! audioconvert ! audioresample
! a.

However when I tried to use queue without encoder/decoder, it started
working again:
gst-launch-1.0 audiolatency name=a print-latency=true ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! queue ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! a.

In second case audiolatency most probably does not collect measurements
at all. I have more complex pipeline in my app, which sends and receives
RTP streams. I tried to use audiolatency there with print-latency=true,
and also it does not work. I also periodically print values of last and
avg latency, and I always get zeroes there.

Is is possible to do something so audiolatency would work properly with
encoders/decoders and queues?

Regards,
Daniel