Queue2 buffering query buffer timestamp

rland rlandjon at gmail.com
Mon May 21 01:36:54 UTC 2018

Vinod Kesti wrote
> Did try with buffer-duration  of palybin ??
> set buffer-size=0 and playaround with buffer-duration

Thanks.
Yes, I did try it, like HLS, just to estimate the time,Using the tag
information in m3u8, ts seg. Duration/seg. Size, calculate the average
bitrate, and then roughly estimate max_size_time, other such as ts over
http(push mode) scenario, Max -size-time is always 0(meaning invalid).That
is,
completely dependent on upstream.

Maybe stupid, I was thinking,The BUFFERING MESSAGE is only sent to the
upper layer before, can we try this:
 * BUFFERING MESSAGE simultaneously send to  upstream (source, APP) and
downstream (demur);
 * Once queue2 receive a buffer or buffer list,then query received buffer's
timestamp  from downstream (demuxer, parser);
 * Queue2 saves the value of the query in step 2, and it is more accurate to
know how much time has been cached in the pipeline.

Cheers
 -rland