Missing H.264 decoder but it isn't?

Adams, Bruce (KMLWG) Bruce.Adams at KantarMedia.com
Thu May 24 14:32:00 UTC 2018

Hi,
     Thanks. That definitely moves things along. It seems I had bmcdec installed because I installed crystalhd.

show install:
 gst-inspect-1.0 bcmdec

show what to uninstall (Debian):

 dpkg --search /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/libgstbcmdec.so - And

uninstall it:
 sudo apt-get remove gstreamer1.0-crystalhd

Presumably I could have blacklisted it instead but I don't know how.
It also looks like increasing the rank would be straightforward in code.

I had a follow up problem, decodebin and tsdemux seemed intent on supplying video when I want audio. The solution was a caps filter or two. A working pipeline for me is:

GST_DEBUG=0 gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=multi.ts ! tsparse ! tsdemux program_number=17540 ! audio/mpeg ! decodebin ! audio/x-raw ! audioresample ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw, rate=8000, channels=1 ! wavenc ! filesink location=cbbc.wav

Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Bruce.