Problems with gst-plugins-bad and Cerbero

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed May 30 20:08:30 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-05-30 at 10:16 -0700, Mark Howell wrote:

> Tim et al,
>
> I have been using cerbero for years to generate deb packages on
> Linux.  How much should I read into this implicit deprecation of
> that? I'm the  guy who asks every now and then if there's going to be
> a 1.x.y tag for  cerbero after gstreamer 1.x.y is released.... is
> that really 'cause I'm  the only one using it?
>
> BTW is there going to be a 1.14.1 tag for cerbero? ;-)

You shouldn't read anything into it.

If it works for you - great.

It wasn't clear to me from the original mail what the envisioned use
case was here. It's still worth pointing out that cerbero is not
something people use for development on Linux, and few for packaging on
Linux. That's not to say it can't be used like that of course. All
depends on what exactly is needed.

There will be a 1.14.1 tag once binaries are officially released. We're
still tracking down an issue on android.

Cheers
-Tim