Gstreamer Concat command line to code?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Nov 1 17:43:40 UTC 2018

Le mercredi 31 octobre 2018 à 12:30 -0500, killerrats a écrit :
> do you have to link the elements a certain way? can i just take each
> of the elements and connect them accordingly or no? I have converted
> command line to code before but this one I wondered if it works
> differently.
> gst-launch-1.0 -e concat name=c ! h264parse ! mp4mux name=mux ! filesink location=testing.mp4 \
>                   concat name=c2 ! aacparse ! mux.audio_1 \
>                   filesrc location=[1] ! qtdemux name=dem1 ! queue ! c. \
>                     dem1.audio_0 ! queue ! c2. \
>                   filesrc location=[2] ! qtdemux name=dem2 ! queue ! c. \
>                     dem2.audio_0 ! queue ! c2. \
>                   filesrc location=[3] ! qtdemux name=dem3 ! queue ! c. \
>                     dem3.audio_0 ! queue ! c2. \
>                   filesrc location=[4] ! qtdemux name=dem4 ! queue ! c. \
>                     dem4.audio_0 ! queue ! c2.

Yes, the order of linking on concat will impact in order they will be
concatenated. I don't know if you can trust the parser here. If you mix
up the linking, this pipeline will also stall.

Another note, this pipeline can only work if both audio/video tracks in
each source files are exactly the same duration (they are often not).

Nicolas