appsink to gl texture

hgedek hgedek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 07:19:39 UTC 2018

I have a rtspsrc pipeline and I wish to show video frames on dear-imgui based
window while playing audio. I wish to use appsink to extract frames but I
don't know how to ! Sample code tells it's getting frames but how will I
convert them to gl textures ? Thanks for any help.

!!! I was using overlay method and using SDL2 I connected SDL2 window with
xvimagesink but we need subwindow in window and sdl2,glfw etc. doesn't
support this. Because of this, I returned back to extract frames to show in
window.

static GstFlowReturn on_new_sample_from_sink (GstElement * sink, ProgramData
* data)
{

    GstSample *sample;
    /* Retrieve the buffer */
    g_signal_emit_by_name (sink, "pull-sample", &sample);

    if (sample) {
        /* The only thing we do in this example is print a * to indicate a
received buffer */
        g_print ("*");
        gst_sample_unref (sample);

        return GST_FLOW_OK;