How to change the panorama method

diracsbracket diracsbracket at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 08:10:10 UTC 2018

Hi
I apologize for this ridiculous question, but I am a complete NOOB; I
literally just started looking into the gstreamer API by trying to change
the panarama method in the Clementine Music Player, but I have no idea how
to access the correct value from the enum GstAudioPanoramaMethod

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-audiopanorama.html#GstAudioPanoramaMethod

In Clementine, the panorama value is set as follows:

  g_object_set(G_OBJECT(stereo_panorama_), "panorama", stereo_balance_,
               nullptr);

So, to change the method, I naively tried:

  g_object_set(G_OBJECT(stereo_panorama_), "method", "simple",
               nullptr);

But that doesn't work, resulting in the following message:

value "((GstAudioPanoramaMethod) -423475939)" of type
'GstAudioPanoramaMethod' is invalid or out of range for property 'method' of
type 'GstAudioPanoramaMethod'

My question is therefore how to access this enum value? I couldn't seem to
find any header file to include
on my linux installation.

Thanks!