RTP Forward to GStreamer has corrupted frames

Nicolas nicolas at ubble.ai
Wed Oct 3 12:28:17 UTC 2018

Hi Matteo, Arjen and all,

We've made a series of tests on the GStreamer pipeline, as well as running
GStreamer in the same machine as Janus.

We ended up with a setup that seems to yield a good quality for our use
case:
 - adding a rtpjitterbuffer as suggested (without playing with latency for
now)
 - adding threads to the vp8dec element (threads=4)
 - running GStreamer natively instead of within Python

This uncovered another issue... we're streaming 3 successive sequences. In
between each sequence, the publisher stops the stream, then relaunch a new
one, forwarded in a similar way to GStreamer. GStreamer is unchanged.

This works fine with all setups we tested *except* when we use a
Jitterbuffer. When a Jitterbuffer is used, nothing is received for the
second scene.

Do you have any idea where the issue might be coming from?

Thanks,
nicolas