Zero copy omxh264dec to EGLImage

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Oct 3 16:51:48 UTC 2018

Le mercredi 03 octobre 2018 à 10:59 +0200, Zevv Glass a écrit :
> My question: is there anything 'special' about the texture delivered to the
> new-sample callback that makes it different from the texture I glGenTextures()
> myself that would make the mEglCreateImageKHR() call fail?

Yes, they are textures bind to an EGLImage already. I suspect glupload
offers an EGL pool to the decoder (which you would have to do in
appsink if you removed glupload) and hopefully just pass-through that
buffer/memory. You can try and use:

  #include <gst/gl/egl/gstglmemoryegl.h>

You need to check if the memory->allocator is EGL memory allocator, and
if it's the case, you can get the image directly. This is all ultra
specific to RPi.