GST_IS_GL_DISPLAY assertion failure - Ubuntu 18.04 - NVIDIA

petros petroskataras at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 09:10:15 UTC 2018

Hi,

not sure if this is a GStreamer bug or some kind of GPU driver madness so
posting here before opening a bug.

I m currently trying the gst-based video player I have written for Cinder
[1] on Ubuntu 18.04 ( stock GStreamer 1.14.1 ) with an NVIDIA GPU and driver
390.87 and I m getting consistent assertion failures on GstGLDisplay when
destroying a player and creating a new one.

Same codebase has been working fine on Ubuntu 16.04 ( albeit not tested with
the 390 driver ) so not sure where the problem lies exactly.

Attached a log output of the failure configured with GST_DEBUG=*gl*:7.

Best,
Petros

[1]
https://github.com/cinder/Cinder/blob/master/src/cinder/linux/GstPlayer.cpp