Working of UDP source timeout feature

vk_gst venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 11:45:04 UTC 2018

Hello

Exactly, the behavior was observed when the sender was started before the
receiver. Also the when the reverse(receiver start before sender), the
timeout message was seen.

So in case, the connection between sender-receiver is strong in the initial
stage, and then as the distance increases(considering a wireless link) -
which might lead to packet drops, won't the element udpsrc detect this
timeout?
Also, I don't think its wise to tune the kernel driver to clear the backlog
of packets. I was thinking of taking the udpsrc element and right a new
plugin that could solve this particular issue.
What could be the possible ways to detect such a network  link breakdown?

Regards