Gstreamer / Multithreading problem

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Oct 9 13:29:38 UTC 2018

Le mar. 9 oct. 2018 08 h 42, klex0 <alex at kordecki.de> a écrit :

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> thank you very much. I removed all threading and it doesn't seem to be a
> problem with multithreading.
> I think there is a bug in the rtp_jitterbuffer in the function
> gst_rtp_buffer_ext_timestamp() when there is a big jump in the timestamps.
> When I remove the jitterbuffer from my pipeline, everything works.

What are the size of these jumps ? Did you configure the clock-rate in a
way that you don't overflow on big jumps ? In RTP it's application
responsibility to pick the right click rate. This rate is how the timestamp
are scaled down to fit into 32bit timestamp. A jump must not be bigger then
MAXINT / 2. Bigger jumps will lead to a clock resync, and may not be
appropriate.