get_request_pad from encodebin return None

Thibault Saunier tsaunier at gnome.org
Tue Oct 9 14:46:47 UTC 2018

Hello,

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 8:18 AM RiccardoCagnasso <riccardo at phascode.org> wrote:

> Using python 3 / gi I'm trying to use encodebing get_request_pad('video_%u')
> or get_request_pad('audio_%u') always returns None.
>
> I tried also .emit('request-pad') with various Caps (like 'video/x-raw') to
> the same result. Could this be a problem in configuring the profile? It
> would be useful to find a up to date working example of encodebin in python

This all depends on the profile indeed, I do not think we have a
simple python example for that but you need to know that some the
format of a GstEncodingProfile has to match the caps for which you are
requesting a pad.

You could share your code sample so we can help you with that if you
can't get it working. Also a simple example would be very welcome ;)

Regards,

Thibault