gst-play wav file is playing but no sound

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Oct 10 13:10:45 UTC 2018

Le mercredi 10 octobre 2018 à 11:31 +0530, Arjav Parikh a écrit :
> Yes tinyplay is part of libtinyalsa and I have that on my board.
> Using tinycap and tinyplay I am able to capture and play .wav format
> files.

Ok, then the selected audio sink won't work (pulsesink or alsasink).
You need to make sure you have tinyalsasink in your build of gst-
plugins-bad, and specify it explicitly as this element is not ranked.

  gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! tinyalsasink
  gst-play-1.0 --videosink=tinyalsasink some.wav

This element got very low attention since it was merged. I know there
is multiple incompatible flavours of tinyalsa. Best for you is to grab
the code and compare against what your copy of tinyplay is doing.

Nicolas